Creating your own nourishing body oil is the perfect way to keep skin hydrated and supple as the season shifts. Colder temps often bring dryer air which can lead to skin dehydration and dullness. A DIY nourishing oil is the perfect solution to lock in moisture and soothe your body from head to toe – plus, you can customize it with your favorite essential oils! Check out our favorite DIY recipe below:
Makes one 2 ounce bottle
What you’ll need:
- Small digital scale
- Measuring cups and spoons, or glass beakers
- Stirrers, either metal or glass
- Small whisk
- 2 clean glass bottles with a pump
- Blank Labels
- Parchment Paper
- Paper towel
- Before starting to make the recipe make sure the area where you will be blending is very clean. That means wiping down counter spaces with rubbing alcohol and putting away any food items and extra clutter. Once your counter space, or table top is clean, line the area with some parchment paper, pull your hair back and thoroughly wash your hands.
- Set out your digital scale and all other blending tools so they are easy to grab when needed.
- Bring out all of your ingredients so they are accessible.
- Using your small digital scale, and measuring spoons, start measuring out each ingredient separately into their own beaker or measuring cup, until you have every ingredient laid out in front of you.
- Pour all ingredients into one of your empty beakers or glass measuring cups, and stir thoroughly using your small mini whisk, or other mixing tool.
- Once everything is well combined, carefully pour the mixture into your empty glass bottles and cap with the pump closure.
- Make up a name for your body oil, and write the name and the ingredients on the label and attach them to bottle. Ie: Nourishing Body Oil // Warming Massage Oil
- Use as often as needed!