Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we’re making a sensual massage oil DIY. You might be surprised to know just how easy it is to make your own massage oil. Crafting it yourself allows you to customize the scent and texture to your liking based on what essential oils and carrier oil you choose. Even better, get your partner involved for a fun date-night project and try it out on eachother once you’ve made your perfect blend. Below is a simple guide to making your own sensual massage oil, perfect for a romantic evening or a self-care ritual.
4 TBSP Carrier Oil: Choose a high-quality carrier oil as the base for your massage oil. Good options include Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, or Argan oil. These oils are light, absorb easily into the skin, and are perfect for massage.
Essential Oils: Essential oils not only add fragrance but also offer therapeutic benefits. When selecting essential oils for a sensual massage oil, consider scents that are known for their grounding and relaxing properties. Popular choices include ylang-ylang, orange, jasmine, rose, lavender, sandalwood, frankincense, and bergamot. Be sure to choose pure, high-quality essential oils to ensure safety and efficacy.
Today we’re going to use:
Optional Additions: You can enhance your massage oil further by adding natural ingredients such as dried herbs, flower petals, or spices. Some popular options include dried rose petals, lavender buds, cinnamon sticks, or vanilla beans. These additions not only infuse the oil with fragrance but also add visual appeal.
- Start by selecting your preferred carrier oil. Pour 4 TBSP into a clean, dry glass bottle or jar.
- Carefully add the drops of essential oils to the carrier oil in your glass bottle or jar.
- Mix together very well with a metal spoon or shake the bottle with the lid on to mix the oils thoroughly.
- Optional Infusions: If you're including any additional ingredients like dried herbs or flower petals, add them to the oil mixture now.
- Place the sealed bottle or jar in a cool, dark place to allow the oils to infuse. Let the mixture sit for at least 24 hours, shaking the bottle occasionally to redistribute the ingredients.
- Label your sensual massage oil with a name, date and ingredients used. Store it in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight and heat to preserve its freshness. Properly stored, homemade massage oil can last for several months.
- Perform a patch test before using the massage oil to check for any allergic reactions or skin sensitivities.
- Experiment with different essential oil combinations and infusion ingredients to create unique scents and experiences.
- Heat the oil slightly before use for a warm, luxurious massage experience.
By following this simple DIY guide, you can create a personalized sensual massage oil that enhances relaxation and intimacy, whether used for a romantic evening or as part of your self-care routine. Enjoy!